Weekly Update 339
Why can’t I audio right? It’s my 339th video and I still make mistakes 🙂 But it came good and we got a decent show out of it with lots of interesting engagement even though doing this a lot later in the day than usual. I found the discussion around IoT door locks especially interesting as it’s a real nexus of security, usability and a bit of critical thinking about real world risks. That term “security absolutism” that came up in the comments is gold, I hope you enjoy watching this episode.
- Yale IoT door locks seem to be the least bad ones you can buy! (you can have that slogan for free guys 🙂)
- The HDB Financial Services breach went into HIBP (after their parent company denied the breach…)
- Canada’s Shopper+ also went into HIBP (another 878k records dating back to 2020)
- Latitude Financial announced a breach this week (another major one down under as Australia continues representing in data breach land)
- At long last, Eye4Fraud has acknowledged their breach… (via one the most half-arsed disclosure statements I’ve ever seen)
- Sponsored by: Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It’s Device Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today.