I was trying to check out the page of a local business and it opened to a very suspicious looking website which looked as described in the title. Additionally there was some turkish writing there from which I remember “AYYILDIZ TIM” and “shady” images. A google search of that phrase results in articles about a turkish hacking group which attacks banks and ATMs among other things. Understandably, now I’m worried there could have been something malicious which affected my computer just by opening the page (I didn’t click anything on the page, although I opened it twice). It’s especially worrying if it would affect banking information.
Some additional info:
Operating system: Windows 10
Device: Laptop – Lenovo Y520-15ikbn
- I opened the page right from the website button for a specific location in google maps;
- There wasn’t any warning before opening the page, it opened like a normal secure page but the “lock” icon was crossed through indicating it’s not a safe website (probably has to do with it not being https);
- There was no reaction at all from the firewall/defender side of Windows
What I’ve tried so far:
– scanning my computer with Windows Defender scanner,
– scanning my computer with MalwareBytes scanner (free trial)
I don’t have a system recovery point (in case it installed something) prior to that set up so if there was malware which wasn’t detected the only option to my knowledge is to do a clean Windows install. I’ve also checked the “recently installed applications” in Windows, but there weren’t any new programs.
URLVOID report (shows there’s nothing wrong, however I’m still suspicious): https://www.urlvoid.com/scan/taxesolution.com/