2015 and later:
- Please visit Academia.edu for Mr. Bejtlich’s most recent research.
2014 and earlier:
- Seven Tips for Small Business Security, in the Huffington Post, 18 June 2014
- Strategy, Not Speed: What Today’s Digital Defenders Must Learn From Cybersecurity’s Early Thinkers, for the Brookings Institution, 7 May 2014
- What Federal Cyber Breach Notifications Really Mean for Business, for the Brookings Institution, 25 March 2014
- Don’t Underestimate Cyber Spies: How Virtual Espionage Can Lead to Actual Destruction in Foreign Affairs, 2 May 2013
- Become a Hunter in the targeted-threat-centric Information Security Magzine, July-August 2011 (.pdf)
- Directions in Incident Detection and Response (.pdf) in the January/February 2011 issue of IEEE Security and Privacy magazine
- Understanding the Advanced Persistent Threat in Information Security Magazine, July 2010
- Traffic Talk issues 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
- Snort Report issues 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
- Keeping FreeBSD Applications Up-to-Date in BSD Magazine
- Keeping FreeBSD Up-To-Date: OS Essentials in BSD Magazine
- Computer Incident Detection, Response, and Forensics in CSO Online
- Tuning Snort, in the August 2006 Sys Admin magazine
- Network Security Monitoring: Beyond Intrusion Detection, in Volume 8, No. 4 of the IA Newsletter
- Keeping FreeBSD Up to Date, in the February 2006 Sys Admin magazine
- Engineering Disasters in the December 2005 issue of Information Security Magazine.
- Using Attack Responses to Improve Intrusion Detection
- Structured Traffic Analysis in the October 2005 (IN)SECURE magazine (.pdf)
- More Tools for Network Security Monitoring, in the February 2005 Sys Admin magazine
- Keeping FreeBSD Applications Up-To-Date, also published in the December 2004 and January 2005 issues of Daemon News.
- Keeping FreeBSD Up-To-Date, also published in the November 2004 issue of Daemon News.
- Sguil Installation Script
- Considering Convergence? .pdf, published as an Addison-Wesley-sponsored supplement to the November 2004 issue of Dr. Dobb’s Journal
- Integrating the Network Security Model (.pdf, .ps), in the April 2004 Sys Admin magazine
- Simplicity and Awareness: Keys to Network Security for the World Markets Research Centre‘s Global InfoSecurity 2002 report. (The article is a bit formal, and features a small amount of creative editing by the WMRC staff. Mr. Bejtlich certainly didn’t intend for “UNIX” to be defined as a “Uniplexed Information and Computer System!”)
- Network Intrusion Detection of Third Party Effects, published 05 September 2000
- Interpreting Network Traffic: A Network Intrusion Detector’s Look at Suspicious Events, originally published 28 October 1999
Go to Source of this post
Author Of this post: